I’m doing something this month that I haven’t done in years: giving up alcohol for a full 31 days. To be honest, I’m a little nervous about this. I like to drink. I enjoy winding down in the evening with a glass of wine while watching one of my shows and I enjoy going out to the pubs for a drink. It’s not going to be easy. So why am I doing it? Well, now that I’m in my late 20s, I’m starting to take my health more seriously and I can’t help but think that alcohol is having a negative impact on my body. I’m curious to see if I’ll notice any changes after a month. Will I have more energy? Will my skin look better? Will people think I look too young to have a dog who’s already two? One thing I know for sure is that I’m going to be rich!
To help keep me motivated, I’m enlisting the help of some inspiring leading ladies. All of these beautiful and successful women have one thing in common: they’re teetotalers!
1. Blake Lively - “I don’t drink. I’ve never tried a drug. … It’s just something that I genuinely don’t have a desire for.” (source)
2. Jennifer Lopez - “I think that ruins your skin. Of course, during celebratory toasts, everybody’s like, ‘You can’t toast with water!’ So I’ll toast with alcohol and just take a sip.” (source)
3. Kristin Davis - “I realized it was not going to end well. I got into the acting program, it was very challenging, I was hungover and I wasn’t doing so well in my classes. I thought, “Do you know what? It’s going to be one or the other. I can’t really have both.” (source)
4. Kim Cattrall - “I don’t drink or take drugs so clothes are my only mood enhancer.” (source)
5. Jada Pinkett Smith - “I found myself drinking two bottles of wine on the couch and I said, ‘Jada, I think we’ve got a problem here.'” Jada has been sober since the late 90s. (source)
Have you ever given up one of your vices for a month?