As promised, today I’m sharing what I wore for five weeks during our move to Charleston. We were actually only on the road for about three weeks, but once we arrived in Charleston, we had to wait about another 2.5 weeks for our moving truck to arrive with the rest of our belongings.
TRAVEL CAPSULE WARDROBE – MOSTLY SUMMER
- Bella Luxx Pocket Button-Up Tank (Blue)
- Bella Luxx Pocket Button-Up Tank (Black & White Print)
- Joie Elephant Print Racerback Tank
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Zip Back Crepe Tank
- Walmart Tank
- Club Monaco T-Shirt
- Tribal Striped Sweater (Similar)
- The North Face Plaid Shirt
- Citizens of Humanity Cutoffs (DIY)
- Mavi Pixie Boyfriend Shorts
- Le Chateau Black Shorts (very old)
- Bella Luxx Shirred Cross Front Skirt
- Alice + Olivia Clyde Dress
- Armani Jeans Fitted Print Dress (Previously seen here)
- Darling India Maxi Dress
- Paige Skyline Skinny Jeans – Mine are a bit big, so I wear them cuffed and slouchy.
- UGG Ayden Sandals
- Cole Haan Barra Sandals
- Stuart Weitzman Slingo Flats
- Cole Haan Moama Heels
- Linea Pelle Bag (very old)
- Coach Bag
There are a few items missing from the picture since it turns out I’m not very good at photographing white on white.
- Bella Luxx Pocket Button-Up Tank (White) – Same as #’s 1 and 2 and seen here.
- Smythe Linen Blazer – Pictured above in the first image of this post.
- John & Jenn Cardigan – Pictured below in a photo taken at Lawrencetown Beach last October.
I also didn’t include my workout clothes even though I’ve been wearing them a lot lately. Not necessarily to the gym, but to the grocery store to appear that I’m always just coming from the gym while I buy my salted caramel chocolate bars with 31% cocoa.
Anyway, I have to say that I really enjoyed having a smaller wardrobe filled with only items that I really love. I cleaned out my closet and donated a lot of items before we left Halifax, but now I want to get rid of even more. Our moving truck arrived last week and I’ve been hesitant to unpack all of my warmer clothes. So far, I’ve only unpacked a handful of my favorite fall pieces and I’ll keep adding things as I need them. I’ve started another donate pile for things that I don’t need or find that I just don’t wear anymore.
As much as I enjoyed my smaller wardrobe, I am happy that our moving truck arrived when it did. I originally planned on going out and taking some pictures of actual outfits from my travel capsule, but you might have heard that Charleston received a bit of rain. A lot of the outfits that I have been wearing just wouldn’t have been practical for a midday snorkel. I spent the majority of those four rainy days in my raincoat and rubber boots, but there was one afternoon where a break in the rain provided the opportunity for me to wear my favorite fall blazer and to take Koda out for a much needed walk. Not to mention, someone had to feed the mosquitoes.