Two of my very best girlfriends are celebrating their birthdays today! Yes, two of my leading ladies have the same birthday. Apparently I have a thing for Sagittarius girls (my mom is one too!). I’ve been friends with Danielle (purple-blue shirt) for more than 20 years and Jessica (pink shirt) for more than 15 years. That’s a pretty significant portion of my life! I could get all mushy-gushy, but instead I’m going to quote our girl Kelly Clarkson and say to you fine ladies, “My life would suck without you.”
7 TIMES I WAS REALLY GLAD TO HAVE MY GIRLFRIENDS
1. That time we had to play a flute duet at our high school Christmas concert. – And we nailed it!
2. In high school geography class so that I wasn’t the only one who giggled every time we had to explain whether a rock had perfect, imperfect, poor, or non-existent cleavage.
3. When we played Dream Phone for hours, hoping that Steve would answer and say, “You’re right! I really like you!” – Steve was the best. It’s a fact!
4. That time we made up a dance routine to “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child and performed it for the class. – I could have looked real stupid doing that by myself.
5. Every time I’ve needed to talk about Harry Potter or Blue Crush to someone who gets it.
6. That time we shared a moment with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie beside the Eiffel Tower. – Nobody would believe me otherwise! That happened, right?
7. On Grey’s Anatomy TV nights when we would alternate giving each other back massages during commercial breaks. – I miss that. Let’s do that next time we hang out.
When have you been really glad to have your girlfriends by your side?
Filed Under: LISTS
A random collection of random things from the past week.
HOW I’M GETTING READY FOR MEXICO
There are many things in life that can wait until the last minute, but a beach bod ain’t one! It doesn’t help that ’tis the season to indulge and I have a serious weakness for eggnog. Fortunately, I have excellent trainers. Koda is strict about walking me twice a day and then there’s my favorite yoga instructor, Erin Motz. I participated in her original 30 Day Yoga Challenge and have been hooked ever since. I have also completed her 10 Day Ab Challenge and am currently working my way through her 4-Week Yoga Challenge. I definitely recommend checking her out!
3 BLOG POSTS I ENJOYED
THINGS I COULDN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT
Speaking of Koda, I can’t stop talking about how much she can’t stop talking.
SOMETHING YOU PROBABLY HAVEN’T SEEN ON ANY GIFT GUIDES…YET!
Apparently the Squatty Potty is nothing new, but it is something new to me. I saw it on Shark Tank last week and just had to share. I find it both hilarious and oddly intriguing. I did a little research and it turns out that people LOVE their Squatty Pottys. Take a look at this review! Now if only we were doing a Secret Santa gift exchange this year!
Filed Under: WEEKLY GATHERING
Our trip to Mexico is only a month away! We’ll be spending one week in the Mayan Riviera with family and I can’t wait. Now that the countdown has officially begun, so has the planning. This includes picking out a few awesome books for the beach. There are so many books I want to read right now, but I’ve managed to narrow it down to eight. I’ll be choosing a maximum of three books from my list since I don’t plan on reading the whole time and let’s face it, I’ll be watching movies on the plane. If you’ve read any of these books, please let me know what you thought!
1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
2. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
3. The Woman I Wanted To Be by Diane Von Furstenberg
4. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
5. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
6. I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This: Success Secrets Every Gutsy Girl Should Know by Kate White
7. Bossypants by Tina Fey
8. I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl by Alexis Jones
What books are on your wish list right now?
Filed Under: LISTS